There are people who said that women should not have sex during menstruation. Have sexual intercourse during menstruation can bring serious health problems. Many people believed that women were “dirty” or “unclean” while menstruating. Because of this reason, have sex with menstruating women is prohibited by some religion. To make this clear, we will give some explanation about the facts of sex during menstruation.
Risk of Having Sex During Your Period
Although sex still can be done even during menstrual period, it can cause some problems in your reproduction organ. Based on what was described by Laura Berman, Phd, a sex expert and therapist in the Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, sex during period can lead to some risk of health problems.
- Woman will have higher risk to have transmission of sexually transmitted diseases during menstruation than normal days. This is because during menstruation, the cervix opens so the menstrual blood can come out. The opening cervix will allow bacteria to enter and spread to the pelvic cavity.
- Women are also more likely to have HIV and hepatitis through sexual contact from their partner during the menstrual period.
- Bacterial infections can also occur during menstruation, because the pH (acidity) of the vagina changes compared to the days before or after menstruation.
Every woman usually will have their menstrual period at least once every month. But when you missed period, you will be worry that there is something wrong in your body. Most women will think that it's the signs of pregnancy. But is pregnancy is the only reason why your period is late?
Missed period is not unusual, but there are a lot of women who experience it. There are variety of reason that causes late period. The following are 10 most common cause of delayed menstruation :
Can stress cause a late period? Of course, it can. The fact mentioned that this is one of the most common cause of delayed menstruation. Stress sometimes can trigger faster periods, but also can causes late period. Because when we are stressed, your body's systems will decrease the production of hormone (GnRH) that can affect your menstruation cycle. Try to relax and rest more than usual.
Does it save to have sex during pregnancy? This is the most common question that usually asked by married couple when the woman get pregnant for the first time. If your pregnancy considered normal and healthy, then you still can have sex in pregnancy. In early pregnancy, the hormones usually will cause pregnant women are more passionate to have sex. Sex drive can also comes from the husband who feels his wife looks more sexy during pregnancy. Because there are a lot of woman who scare to have sex while pregnant, some theory come out about the dangers of having sex while pregnant. To make you understand, we will give you several facts about having sex during pregnancy.
For babies, bath time can be a really fun time. Some baby love playing with water splashes, foam and bubbles. For parents, baby bathing will be a special moment where you really pay attention to your baby. Bathing the baby seems to be an easy job to do. But if you don't know the basic of baby bathing, you will get several problem that will harm your baby. To understand more about baby bathing, we will give you several tips about how bathing baby :
- Never leave your baby alone in the bath, even for a minute. This is the most important rule when bathing a baby. Children can drown in less than an inch of water. If there is the sound of the doorbell or phone rings and you have to answer, take your baby in a towel and take the baby with you.
- Before bathing the baby, make sure all baby toiletries (towel, soap, shampoo, etc) are available in the bathrooms. This will prevent you to leave the baby during bath. Remember. Don't ever leave your baby unsupervised.
- The most important are prevent water from entering either the baby eyes, mouth and ears.
- Make sure the bathroom is warm enough (min 25 ºC / 77 ºF). Cold temperature can make your baby sick
One of things that you need to consider to buy after your baby was born is baby stroller. Even it's not mandatory, but at least baby stroller will provides many benefits both to the mother and the baby. Holding a baby would make the relationship between mother and baby are close, but if you hold too long, of course you will also feel tired, especially when you are carrying your baby while traveling.
There are many benefits of baby stroller. During traveling, carrying baby stroller will give you a lot of convenience. Stroller are usually equipped with baskets that can be used to store other baby supplies. It will be more efficient during traveling, because you don't need to bring bags for baby supplies.
Unlike men, women has a couple of days of period every month where they feel pain on their lower abdominal. This is what we call as menstrual period. Menstrual period is a period where woman experience cramps and followed by shedding of the uterine lining, also known as menstrual bleeding. Every woman has their own menstrual cycle each months. Menstrual cycle is a period where ovulation take places every month. If the fertilization does not occur, the uterus will shed its lining and it cause the bleeding. Before this period comes, there are several symptoms that usually occurs, such as cramping, backache, bloating, sore breasts, headache and fatigue.
Understand how your body works at the end of pregnancy and during the birth process is essential to prepare yourself for the childbirth process. When you know what is happening you can easily recognize and interpret the signs that occur in your body more effectively. Additionally you can participate fully in the process of childbirth.
Basic Anatomy of Pelvis, Uterus and Cervix
The following is the review of the basic anatomy of the pelvis (hip bone), uterus (womb) and cervix (neck of the womb) and the surrounding structures and the baby in it.
- The bones and muscles of the pelvic that support uterus will continue to grow with the baby inside it and will open the the way during delivery time.
- Uterus that wrap the baby will continue to grow in accordance with the development of the baby in it.
- Cervix isactually the part of the uterus, but cervix and uterus are composed of different tissues. During pregnancy, the cervix will thicken and close. Then, at the moment of birth, the contractions will pull the cervix into the uterus and thinning (exfoliation) and opening. When the cervix isfully open (approximately 10cm), contraction that occurs will helps the baby to move from uterus to vagina or cervix.
Every baby will have different teething period, but usually it start between age 4 months to 6 months. As parent, you can't predict exactly when your baby teething begin to appear. However, there are some symptoms indicate that the teeth will begin to grow. These signs is varies between one baby to another. For some babies, teething can be a discomfort moment when they would cry a lot because of the growth. While others babies can through the teething period pretty quickly without too many complaints. Here are 12 common baby teething symptoms.
Baby Teething Symptoms
Keep in mind that the baby teething will stimulates salivation. These events generally occur in infants aged 10 weeks to 4 months.
If you watch Downton Abbey film, then you will notice that Sybil (Jessica Brown-Findlay), the daughter of Lord Grantham died because of eclampsia, the most serious form of preeclampsia. Based on WHO statistic, Eclampsia is one of major causes of maternal deaths. Eclampsia is an convulsions that happen during pregnancy. This is an acute complication of pregnancy that can endanger the life of the mother and baby. It's usually characterized by the appearance of tonic-clonic seizures, usually in a patient who has developed pre-eclampsia. Eclampsia is also known as hypertensive disorder or toxemia. This condition is very dangerous, because a woman who have it usually doesn't feel sick. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, about 10 percent women will develop preeclampsia and about 1 percent of them will develop the more serious eclampsia.
Have you ever heard about hyperemesis gravidarum? These words suddenly become popular due to the news of Kate Middleton's pregnancy that could lead to condition that called as hyperemesis gravidarum. What is hyperemesis gravidarum? Based on Wikipedia, hyperemesis gravidarum is a severe, debilitating nausea and vomiting in pregnancy that generally leads to more than 5 percent weight loss and may require fluid and nutritional supplement. So it means that you have a severe nausea in your pregnancy and it cause your weight decrease more than 1-2 pounds. If this condition happen, you must immediately go to your doctor. HG needs specialist treatment, sometimes in hospital. Because it can lead to dehydration, malnutrition and a lot of complications that will endanger the expectant mother and the baby. This condition is rarely happen in pregnant woman. But there are some cases in some country, that there are some pregnant woman who experience this. Based on statistic, it's happen around 1 in 200 women.