Nausea, dizziness and vomiting are common symptoms that were experienced by almost all pregnant women, especially in 1.5 to 4 months of pregnancy. In one research, it was mentioned that 50-70% of pregnant women experience nausea and vomiting. Some pregnant women will feel throughout the day, there are some women that only feel during late afternoon, some others feel during the night. But most of morning sickness symptoms usually occurs in the morning, so thats why it is known as 'morning sickness'.
Well, although these symptoms usually will be reduced or disappear after 4 months of pregnancy, i will share to you about some tips to overcome this morning sickness.
- Eat in small amounts, but often. The more empty your stomach, the more easily you feel nauseous. Vice versa, if your stomach is too full, this could also lead to nausea.
- Do not cook or eat food that is have 'strong' ingredients, such as curry, etc.
- Do not lie down on the bed after eating.
- Eat crackers in the morning when just getting out of bed. It will also help you feel thirsty and encourage you to drink, so you will have enough water consumption.
- Avoid anything that smells bad (including food), since it can provoke nausea. If it is difficult to avoid, buy some melon extract, and every time there was an unpleasant smell coming, you can sniff it to reduce nausea.
- If the cooking process make you more nauseous, you can ask for other people help to cook something for you.
- Drink 1/2 hour before or after meals, but do not drink while eating.
- Drink during the noon will help you prevent dehydration. The more you become dehydrated, the symptoms of nausea will be reinforced.
- Have enough rest, and you should take the time to take a nap.
- If you are a career woman, then you can take some times to rest during your pregnancy. Adequate rest is helpful to overcome cravings.
- Avoid hot and stuffy place, as it will trigger nausea
- To cope with nausea, you can consume anything made from ginger or lemon. 13. Potato chips can also help you increase the food consumption to your body. Try also fruits like watermelon, because almost all women who have morning sickness will have no problem with this fruit.
- You can also do a bit of gymnastic movements to reduce the influence of morning sickness. Make sure you do safe movements for you and your baby in your womb.
- If you do a lot of work by using computer or notebook, make sure you take a moment to close your eyes and rest. Do this rather frequently, because staring at computer monitor for too long can make you nauseous worse.
- Look for the something else for diversion if you you are disturbed when morning sickness come. Try walk out of the house, reading books, and other activities that you enjoy.
- Make preparations if you are out of the house. Take some plastic bags, snack foods, candy ginger, mineral water, toothbrush and toothpaste will be very helpful when you are forced to throw up on the way. Anyway, do not forget to bring some clothes for changing.
- Express your feelings to your husband. Maybe he does not realize that she ate something that can makes you grow sick
Well, hopefully the above tips can help you cope with morning sickness. More importantly, make sure you are ready to welcome your baby. Readiness is needed not only in the form of financial and supplies, but also in the form of knowledge.